Tour de France › VIP Spectator Trip
2014 Trip dates
Price per person
Join us on our Spectator-Only trip for the 3 Tour de France Stages in the Alps.
Tour de France fans will be thrilled with our fully comprehensive program of exclusive access and race viewing opportunities. Our status as Official Tour Operator will open many otherwise closed doors and provide you with a memorable in-depth Tour de France experience.
- Live viewing of the riders going across the finish line from the VIP Pavilion area in Oyonnax
- Get behind the scenes with our VIP pass into the Departure Village at the Stage 14 Start in Grenoble. Meet the riders, the celebrities and see the inner workings of the Tour up close!
- Chamrousse: witness the best of the action LIVE on the mountainside from our Private Race-Viewing Hospitality Area
- Visit the spectacular Lake Annecy and Grenoble Bastille cable car.
- A day trip to the Alpine town of Chamonix, home to Mont Blanc (the highest Mountain in Western Europe), glaciers, alpine meadows and considered the Alpine sports capital of the world.
Witness these TDF stages "LIVE"...
- Stage 11 - VIP Viewing on the FINISH line in Oyonnax
- Stage 13 - Free access to our Race-Viewing Hospitality Area on the climb to the Summit Finish in Chamrousse
- Stage 14 - VIP Access to the Departure Village in Grenoble
Our Race-Viewing Hospitality Area (Stage 13)
Enjoy your afternoon on the mountainside in the comfort and safety of our Race-Viewing Hospitality Area:
- Prime viewing spots - our teams are in place several days before the race ensuring that we secure strategically placed viewing locations close to the summits of the climbs
- Large marquis tents
- Catered lunch and refrigerator stocked with cold drinks
- LIVE Satellite TV race coverage in English: This is a Thomson specialty. No other Tour operator has pulled off this feat on the mountain!
Click here for more pictures of our Race-Viewing Hospitality Areas
July 15 to 20 (5 nights): Hotel Roma in Albertville
Our staff will meet you at Lyon St Exupery Airport. From the airport we'll have a short transfer to our hotel in Albertville.
After our welcome meeting and lunch at the hotel we'll head over to Lake Annecy. The lake is the 3rd largest in France and is home to watersports, beaches and bathing opportunities - so bring along your bathing suit!
The old town, which sits on the lake, has been occupied since 4000 BC and has many historic buildings & outdoor cafes for you to enjoy the afternoon sun. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon discovering this fascinating town before the intense next few days chasing the Tour de France.
Today we head over to Oyonnax in the Jura Mountains for our first taste of the Tour de France!
Our designated Tour de France hostess will guide us through the Arrival Village so you can see the inner workings of the tour before escorting us to our VIP viewing pavilion at the Finish Line. Enjoy the free drinks & nibbles, watch the live coverage on TVs in the VIP area and feel the excitement build as the cyclists near the finish line and you get your bird's eye view of the Final Sprint!
Chamonix is a bustling town, busy with climbers, and home to Mont Blanc, the highest Mountain in Western Europe. The Chamonix valley cuts deeply through Europe’s highest mountains and glaciers. Views of the towering, jagged peaks and tumbling glaciers are stunning, both from the mountains and the town.
We'll take a trip up to 3800m on the Aiguille du Midi cable car, or a rack and pin train up to one of the glaciers and enter the ice caves, dug deep inside the ‘sea of ice’. The car-free centre is full of atmosphere, with cobbled streets and squares, beautiful old buildings and sidewalk cafés.
A day on the Col at the Tour de France is an unforgettable experience and nobody does it better than Thomson Bike Tours! Our private race-viewing hospitality area is right in the heart of the action!
Soak up the "Col" atmosphere - take a walk to the finish line, view the race live on our TVs, watch the parade that is the caravan throwing free goodies, and feel the anticipation build as the team cars start to zoom by and when you hear the helicopters - here they come!
As Official Tour Operator we have exclusive VIP passes into the Departure Village at the stage start in Grenoble.
The "village" offers fantastic opportunities to get up-close to the riders, the Tour celebrities and get a first- hand view of the inner workings of the Tour de France. This is the place to get these all-important souvenirs, gifts, autographs and pictures with the Tour celebrities and riders. A huge favourite with our guests!
Sadly the Tour has come to an end - we will transfer you to Lyon St Exupery Airport - or join us in the Pyrenees!
- 6 days / 5 nights fully accompanied trip
- Stage 11: VIP access to the Pavilion at the finish line in Oyonnax
- Stage 13: Free access to our Race-Viewing Hospitality Area on the climb to Chamrousse
- Stage 14: VIP access to the Departure village and technical area in Grenoble
- Bastille cable car in Grenoble
- All accommodations
- All breakfasts
- All but one dinners
- All but one lunches
- Pick-up & Drop-off at Lyon St Exupery Airport
- All ground transportation
- All luggage transfer
- Services of our experienced guides
- Tour de France Gift
- Special Discount card for Official Tour de France stores
What's Not Included
- Travel and personal insurance
- Additional hotel expenses i.e. phone charges, mini-bar, gratuities
- Extras in Chamonix (cable cars, lifts)